Back to All Companies

WebMD LLC | Company Profile, Marketing Contacts, Media Spend, Brands




Web MD provides health information services to consumers, physicians, health professionals, employers, and health plans through public and private online portals and health-focused publications.

Main Telephone (212) 624-3700
Main Fax (212) 624-3800
Primary Address
111 Eighth Avenue
Seventh Floor
New York, NY 10011
USA

WebMD LLC Contacts

Contacts (5/23)
Name Title State
Rick T. Chief Technology Officer NY
Sample of Associated Brands
***********
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (212) 624-3700
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Direct Fax: *** **** ***
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: 111 Eighth Avenue
Seventh Floor
New York, NY
10011
USA

Peter A. Chief Financial Officer NY
Adam G. Chief Communications Officer NY
David S. Chief Executive Officer NY
Anthony V. Senior Vice President NY

Media Spend

Media Spend Summary
Media Spend Channel

Associated Brands

Brand Media Spend
WebMD ******
RXList.com *
emedicinehealth *
MedicineNet.com *

Agency Relationships


Brand Agency Service From To
***** ******** digital 2005 present
***** *** ( ******** ********** ********* ) Creative, Production, Marketing 2016 present

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

Recent Discussions

Who is the Chief Technology Officer of WebMD LLC?

Who is the marketing contact for home health care services & products in NY

What is the email of the Chief Financial Officer of WebMD LLC?

What is direct phone of the Chief Communications Officer of WebMD LLC?

Who is the digital agency of WebMD LLC?

Your personal LinkedIn network connections

Your personal LinkedIn network connections

WinmoEdge

Digital, Medical Marketing Opps: WebMD set to launch marketing behind new drug info brand (Score 35)


Subject: digital, print, medical marketing, social media. mobile

Company: WebMD

Opportunity: During the Q2 earnings call, WebMD CEO David Schlanger said the company had been testing WebMD Rx is six markets. Per Schlanger, Rx is a "logical extension" of the company's services and will build off the popularity of the drug information WebMD provides, including drug monographs, pill identifier and medication reminder tools. He added that the company anticipates marketing of Rx to begin later this year, after the initial test period. 

Schlanger elaborated that the Rx offering would be a stand-alone app, but will also be available on WebMD's mobile, PC-based and tablet-based websites. Marketing behind the launch will be "fairly extensive" and will include both a digital and physical marketing program in doctor's offices. 

Therefore, health- and wellness-focused digital and B2B sellers should reach out to secure this Q4 revenue. WebMd's number of users has declined slightly, but page views were up, so the focus of the new offering is to drive internal traffic. Note that WebMD has shifted much of 2015's mobile spend to digital desktop ads this year. The company also accelerated its sponsored content buys, so there should be plenty of opportunity in these digital channels (see breakdown below).

Additional Information

Recent Executive Appointments: Earlier this month, WebMD announced the appointment of Jacob Sims as CTO. He joined WebMD from Premis Health, where he served as VP of development and technology.

The company also promoted Jennifer Willey to VP of consumer strategy and partnerships. She previously served as VP of consumer markets.

Digital Breakdown: Pathmatics reports that WebMD has spent $3.7 million on 93 desktop ads so far this year, which have garnered 240.9 million impressions. The overwhelming majority of these are placed site direct (96%), with the remaining 4% placed through AppNexus' exchange. Top ad destinations include medicinenet.com, drudgereport.com, realclearpolitics.com and yourdailydish.com.

WebMD has spent an additional $1.4 million on 73 mobile ads (138.2 million impressions). No video ads have been run this year, but WebMD has deployed over 7,000 pieces of sponsored content through Taboola (80%) and Outbrain (19%).

For the same period in 2015, WebMD spent $3 million on 142 mobile ads and $2.7 million on 89 desktop ads (507.2 million impressions). Spend has shifted to desktop ads, but only decreased by about $0.6 million. Additionally, WebMD ran only around 1,800 pieces of sponsored content during this time. 

WebMD 
111 Eighth Ave.
Seventh Floor
New York, NY 10011
(212) 624-3700

Yiatin Chu
Senior Vice President, Marketing
(212) 624-3700
ychu@webmd.net

Jennifer Willey 
Vice President, Consumer Strategy & Partnerships(
(212) 624-3700
jwilley@webmd.net