Back to All Companies

CIGNA Corporation | Company Profile, Marketing Contacts, Media Spend, Brands

Headquartered in Bloomfield, CT, Cigna HealthCare is a healthcare management company providing a diverse range of healthcare products and services. The company's plans include disability, life and accident products as well as medical, dental and pharmacy services. CIGNA Corporation operates and provides its products to customers in the U.S. and abroad.

Main Telephone (404) 443-8800
Main Fax (404) 681-7038
Primary Address
Two Security Center
3500 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305

CIGNA Corporation Contacts

Contacts (5/43)
Name Title State
Dave G. President, Global Employer Segment PA
Sample of Associated Brands
Email: *****@*******.***
Main Phone: (215) 761-1000
Direct Phone: *** **** ***   ext: ****
Direct Fax: *** **** ***
Assistant Name: ** **** ***
Assistant Phone: *** **** ***
Address: Two Security Center
3500 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA

David C. President & Chief Executive Officer CT
Mark B. Executive Vice President & Chief Information Officer CT
Lisa B. Chief Marketing & Customer Officer CT
Karen K. Chief Learning Officer CT

Media Spend

Media Spend Summary
Media Spend Channel

Associated Brands

Brand Media Spend
CIGNA Corporation ********
CIGNA HealthCare *****
CIGNA HealthCare & Employee Benefits *

Agency Relationships

Brand Agency Service From To
***** *********** **************** AOR - public relations 2008 present
***** *********** ****** *** **** creative 2014 present
***** *********** *** media buying & planning 2014 present
***** *********** ******** ****** & ******* digital & social 2012 present
***** ********** ***** & **** creative unknown present

See Winmo sales intelligence in action

Recent Discussions

Who is the President, Global Employer Segment of CIGNA Corporation?

Who is the marketing contact for insurance in PA

What is the email of the President & Chief Executive Officer of CIGNA Corporation?

What is direct phone of the Executive Vice President & Chief Information Officer of CIGNA Corporation?

Who is the AOR - public relations agency of CIGNA Corporation?

Your personal LinkedIn network connections

Your personal LinkedIn network connections


Nov-Jan Media Opps: Cigna in midst of planning campaign for next open enrollment


 Subject: TV, digital, online, magazine, radio, outdoor, sponsorship

Company: Cigna, one of the largest health insurance companies in the US. 

Opportunity: We’ve received word that Omnicom Media Group’s next open enrollment period for Affordable Care Act coverage starting in 2016). The primary target audience is  small business owners, early retirees and entrepreneurs 25-60-years-old – anybody who doesn’t obtain health insurance through their parents or an employer. Since 2013, Cigna has skewed paid media spending towards Q4. Look for spending to be even higher in Q4 this year because the insurer’s online/digital share-of-voice was lower in November and January compared to lower spending rival Aetna. Furthermore, Moat reports that almost all of Cigna’s display ads from Nov-Jan 31 ran on entertainment sites. Therefore, pitch entertainment sites this year too, but Cigna should be receptive to widening its net across finance, sports, lifestyle and news, as well. 

Besides Cigna, now’s the time to pitch all IFP health insurers since they all should be running campaigns during the next open enrollment period. Molina Healthcare.

Additional Insight

Media Spend Breakdown: Cigna spends about $45 million-$50 million annually on measured media, with about 78% of dollars going to broadcast, according to Kantar Media. Print, digital and out-of-home round out the remaining 22% of budget. Since 2013, Cigna has allocated about $25 million of its ad spending to Q4. reports that Cigna spent $2.3 million on national TV ads from Nov.-January 31 (see breakdown right) compared to $3.6 million during the same period in 2013/2014.

On the standard display front, Cigna ran ads with 1,310 publishers (<1% mobile) from Nov.-January 31, 22% of which were purchased direct from publishers instead of by ad exchanges or networks. Direct partners reporting the highest impression activity from Cigna included,, and, according to Moat.

Agency Relationships: OMD and Interpublic's here).

900 Cottage Grove Road
Bloomfield, CT 06002 
(860) 226-6000

Lisa Bacus
Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer
(860) 226-6000

Tania Graves
Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Strategy
Direct Dial (860) 226-6000 ext. 2261973