Venables, Bell & Partners | Agency Profile, Contacts, AOR, Client Relationships
Service: full service
|Main Telephone||(415) 288-3300|
|Main Fax||(415) 421-3683|
Venables, Bell & Partners Contacts
|Paul V.||Founder & Chairman||CA|
Sample of Associated Brands
|Bob M.||President & Founder||CA|
|Gary B.||Chief Financial Officer & Associate Partner||CA|
|Lee E.||Associate Partner & Creative Director||CA|
|Kate J.||Partner & Managing Director||CA|
Who is the Founder & Chairman of Venables, Bell & Partners?
What is the email of the President & Founder of Venables, Bell & Partners?
What is direct phone of the Chief Financial Officer & Associate Partner of Venables, Bell & Partners?
Who is the AOR - creative agency of Venables, Bell & Partners?
Your personal LinkedIn™ network connections
Millennial Engagement Opps: MillerCoors shifts Blue Moon, Leinenkugel marketing responsibilties
Subject: digital, TV, sponsorship, social media, mobile
Company: MillerCoors' portfolio
Opportunity: Recently announced that marketing duties for the two faux craft brands would shift away from MillerCoors' Tenth and Blake craft and import division. In an email to distributors, Tenth & Blake chief Scott Whitley said the increased marketing demands required to grow the "powerhouse" brands was the reason for the change.
Under the new organization, Blue Moon and Leinenkugel's marketing teams, as well as Tenth and Blake's innovation group, will report directly to MillerCoors CMO David Kroll. The Tenth and Blake sales team will continue its accountability for the brands in the marketplace. The team will also continue to oversee Peroni and Pilsner Urquell and will become the business development arm of MillerCoors. Recently, Tenth and Blake has acquired Saint Archer, Terrapin (more here), Hop Valley and Revolver and MillerCoors has decided the division should focus on these new partnerships more fully.
With the organizational shift comes staffing changes as well. Bryan Ferschinger has been promoted to VP of national craft and innovation from senior marketing director. Ryan Hemsing will continue as brand director for both Blue Moon and Leinenkugel's and will report to Ferschinger.
So what does this mean for you, readers? Well, keep in mind that MillerCoors named here), so the shift could signal that new campaigns (with more spend behind them) could be on the horizon.
Traditional media buying and planning for all of MillerCoors' brands, including Blue Moon and Leinenkugel', is handled by Initiative, NY. The Interpublic shop picked up the work in 2012 (it already handled traditional media buying for the Coors brand). Therefore, this relationship is well past average agency tenure and could also be up for review in the future.
Media Spend: According to Kantar Media, MillerCoors' measured media spend for 2015 was $517.5 million. Of this, $33.2 million was dedicated to Blue Moon's media (6.4%) and $20 million was allocated to Leinenkugel's (3.9%).
National TV Spend: All data is provided by iSpot
Blue Moon: The brand has spent $20.2 million on five national TV spots this year. The spots began running in mid-March and, ever since, have run in (generally) three-week flights with 10 days breaks in between. See chart for 2016 show targeting.
For the same period 2015, Blue Moon spent $16.8 million on national TV ads.
Leinenkugel's: The brand has spent $10.3 million on three national TV spots for far this year. Leinenkugel's ad presence began slightly later than Blue Moon's - ads did not air until mid-April. But sellers should note that spots have aired in a similar pattern to Blue Moon's. See chart for 2016 show targeting.
Digital Breakdown: All data is provided by Pathmatics
Blue Moon: Year-to-date, Blue Moon has spent $144,400 on 13 desktop ads (14.2 million impressions). While 99% of these desktop ads have been placed site direct, the remaining 1% were placed through MaxPoint Interactive's ad network (basically the same for mobile placements). Top desktop destinations include espon.com, espnfc.us, thesuperficial.com and fivethirtyeight.com.
Blue Moon has also spent $3,800 on seven mobile ads in 2016 (647,000 impressions), but no online video ads were placed.
Leinenkugel's: For its part, Leinenkugel has spent $162,200 on 10 desktop ads (10.8 million impressions). While Blue Moon's desktop ads have run basically all year, Leinenkugel's were more concentrated to April/May. Also, 100% were placed site direct with publishers such as avclub.com, theonion.com, thrillist.com and clickhole.com.
Other Agency Relationships: The Integer Group (Denver), which had been creative AOR, has “refocused” on the retail marketing portion of the Blue Moon account.
250 South Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Chief Marketing Officer
Vice President, National Craft & Innovation
Brand Manager - Blue Moon & Leinenkugel